The latest set of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch notes are full of bug fixes and changes to playlists. We're still waiting for the detailed notes for the absolute latest changes, which appear to have made adjustments to Dead Silence and footstep volume, but until then we know developer Infinity Ward is focusing on shoring up current issues and steadily expanding the options available in multiplayer playlists. With the steady, confident pace of this rollout, you'd almost think Infinity Ward has done this seven times before.
I'll list the full patch notes for the title update - that's the one that makes changes to the way the game plays - first, followed by the next few days' worth of playlist updates. All of this is pulled from the developers' official post on Reddit.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch notes for Oct. 25 update
- Backend fixes to help prevent against crashing across all platforms – if you experience a crash, please let us know
- Fix for a bug where players could earn more points when shooting specific vehicles while having Pointman equipped
- Improved ADS while using weapons without scopes on Xbox
- In some instances, some players were not able to complete the Highway mission due to an exfil bug
- Fix for the “Best of the Best” challenge not tracking progress
- Fix for the “Elite Sniper” challenge not displaying the correct description
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression
- Fix for the unlock criteria for the “Double Cross” reticle not progressing past 4
- Fix for the description and requirements needed to unlock some optic scopes in Gunsmith
- Fix for an exploit in Gunsmith when using mouse and keyboard
- Dev Error 6065: We’re currently working on a fix for this and appreciate your patience. Lowering your graphics settings can help in the meantime.
- Dev Error 6165: Players encountering this issue should try a ‘Scan and Repair’ through the Battle.net application. If this isn’t successful, a full reinstall might fix the issue.
- Unable to access graphics options: We're actively working on a fix for this, but removing the player folder in Documents -> Call of Duty: Modern Warfare might help resolve until a fix is deployed. If this doesn't work for you, please let us know.
- RTX not working: To be able to enable RTX, you'll need to have an RTX compatible card and Win10 1809 and above. Please make sure you update Windows and your video card drivers.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare playlist updates
- Adding FFA
- Turning on Ground War
- Removing 10v10 Domination from Aniyah
- Adding 64 player count Ground War on Quarry
- A fix for being unable to revive in HC Cyber Attack
- Defcon timer is now 45 seconds
- Cyber Attack is now in the Quick Play Filter
- 10v10 TDM and 10v010 Dom now have their own option in the Quick Play Filter